Tuesday 18 January 2011

Creature Attack on Ravensbourne

Hello!

Welcome to my tutorial on Uving. This tutorial is a basic look at how to Uv. It is based on my first technique on how to uv which isn't the best for the high end models but I feel its key to getting the knowledge of uving down and a good starting point! 

So hopefully by the end of the of the Tutorial you should know:

  • Basic tools to use for Uving mapping
  • How to setup a Scene ready for Uving mapping
  • How to break down a Mesh
  • See how there are different stages to a model
Below shows render of the creature that was fully uv'ed and textured ready for animation. These images not to show amazing renders ( eyes not werent finished at this time) but that the technique works! I used all the methods I will teach in this tutorial to uv this character. But I had to use some other techniques that are not in the tutorial because they are more advanced level and would be unfair to try teach something I feel you need to know the basics before knowing the more advance methods.
    

For this tutorial I will use videos to try give most the information across but for every video, underneath there will be bullet points and screenshots to highlight key points in the tutorial.



No comments:

Post a Comment